Privacy & Cookies Policy
We respect your privacy and take care in our handling of information. This includes any data and personal information that we may collect during your visit to the website, your bookings for any of our products, and subscriptions to our email newsletter.
You are free to explore the website without the requirement to provide any personal information. We will not know your name, your email address or any other personally identifiable information through your website browsing activity unless you access the website from a link in an email that we sent to you, or continue to book a tour with us through the website.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
When we need to collect personally identifiable information from you to process your booking or to add you to our newsletter list, we will ask you to provide us with the information required.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
Cookies and Pixel Tags
We monitor usage of our website to improve the quality of the site for future users and to identify any issues with the site’s performance.
- Cookies and pixel tags are encrypted strings of text that your computer downloads when visiting a website. They do not corrupt or damage your computer, programs or computer files, and they do not ascertain any personally identifiable information about you apart from what you voluntarily provide us. Accepting a cookie does not give us access to your computer or personal information stored on your hard drive under any circumstances.
- For more information on how to adjust your web browser settings for cookies see www.aboutcookies.org
- For a guide to online behavioural advertising and online privacy visit www.youronlinechoices.com/uk
- Advertising cookies help us to personalise ads that are shown to you on our behalf across the Internet. You can opt out of receiving interest-based ads from Google by updating your Google Ads settings.
- Likewise, you can opt out of receiving interest-based ads from Facebook by updating your Facebook settings.
Information Collected from Surveys and offers
We may occasionally conduct online surveys, newsletter subscriptions and promotional offers via pop-up windows on our website.
- Participation in such surveys and offers is voluntary and you may decline to participate. Data collected through these surveys and offers will be used by Punga Cove and its parent company Marlborough Tour Company, and not shared with any third parties other than those retained by Punga Cove and Marlborough Tour Company to administer the surveys and offers. Survey responses will not be personally identifiable unless you choose to add your name and email address to your responses.
Information collected for prospecting purposes
- The website uses a third-party booking system that allows visitors to complete their booking for tour experiences within the website. Personally identifiable information collected through this system remains the property of Punga Cove and Marlborough Tour Company, and the booking provider is contractually prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
- Please note that despite the best efforts possible, no one can give absolute assurance that information intended to be maintained as private, whether transmitted via the Internet or otherwise, cannot be accessed inappropriately or unlawfully by third parties. We have taken and will continue to take reasonable steps to ensure the secure and safe transmission of your personal information, however we encourage you to exercise caution with storage and disclosure of your personal information in any forum – digital or otherwise.
From time to time, we may use your personal information for internal or external marketing and promotional purposes or analytical purposes. For example, we may send you our monthly email newsletter with updates about our tour experiences and special offers. On occasion, we may offer a special promotion in conjunction with a promotional partner and may share your response to that specific promotion with that partner in order to fulfil the promotion’s deliverables.
Every time you receive an email, you will be provided the choice to opt out of future emails by following the instructions provided in the email. You may also opt out by contacting us. Please allow 10 business days for us to process your opt-out and include your email address if you opt-out via postal mail.
Punga Cove and Marlborough Tour Company will never send you an email requesting any password, credit card number, social security or IRD number or other similar personal or private identification information. If you receive an unsolicited email that looks like it is from Punga Cove or Marlborough Tour Company, but asks you for personal information, it is a fraudulent email and you should not reply or provide such information. If you do receive an email from Punga Cove or Marlborough Tour Company that you suspect is fraudulent, we’d love to know about it so we can warn other customers. Please contact us via a separate email (not by replying to the suspicious email) with the details and preferably a screenshot of the suspicious email – please don’t forward us the email.
SECURING THE STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We treat the personal information you provide to us as confidential information. We have taken and will continue to take reasonable steps to ensure the secure and safe storage of your personal information.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Punga Cove and Marlborough Tour Company use the services of third parties, such as marketing agencies, online booking services, email service providers and digital platforms, to assist us with marketing the website and processing customer bookings.
These parties are contractually prohibited from using personally identifiable information for any purpose other than for the purpose specified by Punga Cove and Marlborough Tour Company. We provide non-personally identifiable information to selected service providers to enable them to perform their contractual obligations to us, such as improving the online browsing experience for our visitors. We do not sell personal information.
DELETION OF PERSONAL INFOMATION
If you would like us to delete all of your personal information (except for information that we keep for record-keeping and billing purposes) and/or remove your name and address from promotional lists (including any personal information gathered by our service providers) and place your name on our “do not contact” list, please contact us.
In the future, we may need to update this privacy statement. All changes will be made here so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information and whether we will disclose it to anyone. This statement was last updated on 30 July, 2018.
CONTACTING PUNGA COVE OR MARLBOROUGH TOUR COMPANY ABOUT PRIVACY ISSUES